21 Jul 3D Printing
Archiologics has the pleasure to announce that we takes another step in extending our research scope to 3D printing technologies and robotics applied to architecture and construction. Adolfo Nadal directs the first Expert Course devoted exclusively to 3D printing and algorithmic design in Spain, hosted by the UEM (go to Course website!).
The boom of digital fabrication for both design and construction has experienced an exponential growth and an increasing impact on the professional field. 3d printing is an innovative technology that consists in creating three-dimensional objects through additive processes, which add material in a layer-by-layer logic. This methodology allows to, in an outstanding fast and efficient way, realize prototypes and end-products for a wide variety of industries, accounting for many diverse applications:
– Industrial design, for both the realization and testing of parts that create a direct feedback between designer, product, and end-user.
– A brand new concept of construction technologies and project management, which ultimately affects every agent involved in the building industry.
-The redefinition of the current model of production, through self-production and access to high-end, low-cost physical products.
Furthermore, 3D printing has a series of competitive advantages when it comes to product manufacturing:
– Allows for low-volume production levels
– Ideal for complex designs and object volumes
– Admits a high degree of customization without entering additional costs
On the other hand, the inherent economical advantages to this 3D printing technology are worth mentioning:
– Significant reduction of production times
– Reductions of production costs and enhanced logistics with in-house production control capabilities
– Avoid product stock
– Sails-oriented production
– Zero waste
For further information please refer to the UEM 3D Expert Course Website, where you can see the course contents and all the information you need. You can also contact us for further information if you prefer. We will customize the course for your needs, skills, and expectations.
This course focuses on two main issues:
– Provide the student with the technical abilities and skills as to master the tools
– Explore the management aspects of 3D Printing Labs as to appeal to entrepreneurs interested in the business on the one hand, and to clients who need to evaluate and hire third-party firms.